Learn how a Tier 1 Automotive Supplier improved First Time Quality and OEE with 10in6 Paperless Quality:
Paperless Quality to Improve FTT and OEE
Tier 1 Automotive – Water Pumps
Production staff were spending too much time executing the quality control plan for ISO. While their efforts met the ISO requirements, they provided little value to the Production and Quality team to improve First Time Through (FTT).
- Paper-based, time consuming quality checks
- Manual Control Charts, 20 to 30 data points per part
- Providing no value to Production or Quality (paper filed away)
The customer implemented the 10in6 Scheduled Tasks module to provide paperless tracking of all in-process and start up checks, including electronic work instructions to ensure checks were completed correctly. The customer completed 75% of the implementation themselves after 10in6 staff trained them on a small set of checks.
- Full Paperless Quality
- Automated control charts
- Alerts for failures, out of spec and missed checks
- History of results to spot trends and focus improvement efforts
The production team is able to complete quality checks quicker due to the presentation of Work Instructions, easy entry of data and automated plotting of results. The Quality team can now analyze trends to focus improvement on the right issues, resulting in a higher FTT metric and OEE.
- Reduced time to complete quality checks = more time to produce
- ROI on paper waste and storage
- Quality Data now used to improve quality, not just compliance to ISO
Quality results entered via touch screen, with in context work instructions for each step in the check.
Automated Control Charts plotted for each variable – with alerting for out of specification results. All results are available in the database for analysis and trending by machine, operator, part number, etc.
Trend of Quality over 6 months shows improvement from 72% FTT to 83% FTT.
Trend of OEE for the same 6 months shows improvement from 32% to 54% as the improvement in FTT meant the line was stopped fewer times for out of spec issues and fewer parts needed rework.