The auto sector has historically been challenged to keep cutting costs and driving up efficiencies in order to survive. These pressures and challenges are expected to continue over the next decade so many automotive suppliers are focusing on their continuous improvement efforts as their only option to survive the inevitable industry consolidation.
Here’s how we’ve helped out the automotive supply base:
- Drive Operator performance and accountability using Real Time Andon Display boards
- Cut warranty and scrap costs using Traceability and Error-Proofing solutions
- Increase productivity by eliminating constraints in high volume repetitive manufacturing processes using Real Time Constraint Management
- Re-focus continuous improvement efforts by implementing a production reporting system that prioritizes WHERE to implement improvements and ENSURE that those improvements are sustained.
- Cut out wasted time during product changeovers by implementing changeover management solutions that drive accountability to reducing production losses resulting from inefficient changeovers.
Each of these solutions has resulted in quantifiable and measureable efficiency gains resulting in an overall lower cost/unit in the manufacturing process. Contact us to help build a business case based on a short term payback model that generates results quickly.